Hyperbaric Therapy benefits your body by helping to increase your body's ability to absorb oxygen. Oxygen is vital for health, it is the single most important element your body needs. Oxygen is our primary source of energy. Not only does oxygen fuel the body, it supports the immune system by destroying toxic substances. Anaerobic bacteria, fungi and viruses all have a common intolerance for oxygen; they cannot survive in an oxygen rich environment. The body's vital functions are enhanced by increased availability of oxygen. Increased pressure also stimulates blood flow and decreases inflammation, and has a calming effect. Sleep is enhanced, absorption of nutrients and digestion improved. At the cellular level, oxygen is required for proper function.
- Oxygen deficiency is often overlooked. Signs of low oxygen levels in the body include:
- Premature aging
- Unexplainable depression, anger or sadness
- Memory loss/forgetfulness
- Sleeping disorders, drowsiness, exhaustion
- Digestive disorders, acid stomach
- Excessive colds or infections
- Inflamed, swollen or aching joints
- Muscle or tendon aches
- Chronic fatigue
- Difficulty breathing, breathlessness, shortness of breath
- Certain environments and activities can contribute to low oxygen levels, including:
- Regular, heavy exercise
- Regular participation in sports activities
- Working in a sealed building
- Working excessive hours
- High stress work environments
- Living in city with high pollution
- Traveling frequently in an airplane
- Frequent travel across time zones
- Smoking or being around smokers
- Consuming alcohol on a regular basis
- Driving in congested traffic more than 1 hour per day
- Lack of exercise/sedentary lifestyle
- Medical conditions
Who can Benefit?
- Athletes desiring peak performance and rapid recovery from workout or injury
- Anyone seeking general health improvement and relief from non life threatening conditions, such as headaches, fatigue, arthritis, asthma & allergies and more.
- Persons requiring rapid recovery from injury, trauma, or those preparing for or recovering from surgery.
- Sufferers of chronic and/or serious medical conditions or illnesses such as Multiple Sclerosis, Lupus, Lyme Disease, and more.
Although Mild Hyperbaric has been reported to be beneficial for a wide range of conditions, Mild Hyperbaric may not be suitable for all people, and is not meant as a cure for any condition or disease and no therapeutic outcomes can be guaranteed.